I grew up in a house full of ribbons, pearls, make-up, tights, and lots & lots of knocking on bathroom doors.
3 sisters I have & a Mom.
We are girly girls, if ever there were girly girls.
But I did have a great Dad in the mix too. He kept me at least moderately tough and interested in sports.
However, his involvement in my life in no way prepared me for this… this life with ONLY boys in my home.
Just a husband was one thing.
Even a husband + a young baby was tolerable.
But these days, I have a husband + another little man in this house.
Lije is no less “man” in many ways than is his manly father.
10 Things I Have Learned Living With Men:
1. Testosterone knows no age limits.
2. Smashing into things is fun- the louder the noise that is made, the better.
3. Bodily functions, also the louder the noise the better, are funny for men of all ages.
4. The ability to “pretend” drive a car and make the perfect revving or sputtering engine sounds is an intrinsically male ability.
5. For boys, the less clothing the better.
6. The nicest pillows, blankets, and couch cushions are really just construction supplies in disguise- their true calling? A fortress wall, or tent roof.
7. No amount of food is ever enough.
8. Just put peanut butter on it, they’ll eat it.
9. Wrestling. Wrestling. Wrestling. 24/7. Words fail me.
10. Everything can be thrown, passed, shot, dunked etc. Those activities are not limited to balls alone.
I am in love with these two boys, but if you’d like to send me a pretty headband to wear, some perfume to spritz, or some dark chocolate to be eaten all by myself, I wouldn’t dare complain.